View Single Post
Old 06-28-2004, 12:01 PM

Default Is this normal for Party?

This is my first hand I'm posting. First some background: I stopped playing a PartyPoker eight weeks ago. A few days ago, they deposited $15 into my account. I figure it's their money. I'll just play and see what happens, half-expecting just to lose it quickly.

After just a few hours of play, i was up to $80 and the bonus cleared after 90 raked hands. After what happened to me the first time I played at Party, I knew I should just take the money and run. But no, like last time, I played until I went broke. And it's hands like this that make me wonder about PartyPoker. The wild swings are just insane. You either win a fortune or lose a fortune.

So I think I played this okay. If not, please let me know where I went wrong. But what I really want to know is if it's just me or is this typical at Party. I probably won't play at Party any more (or at least until they give me more money). But I will continue to play at Royal Vegas where I generally do well and at least made back all the money I lost at Party.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: (4 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB calls.

River: (7 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11 BB, between Hero and MP2.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP2 (11 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ac Kh (two pair, aces and kings).
MP2 shows 5c 5s (three of a kind, fives).
Outcome: MP2 wins 11 BB. </font>

With the raise on the river, I had MP2 on the more obvious flush.
Was this a bad call?

Thanks for the input.