View Single Post
Old 06-28-2004, 04:10 AM

Default MicroQuest: $60 in 60 days Days 2 & 3

So in case you didn't know, I've been trying to build up my bankroll at Party's .5/1.00 playing 10 minutes a day. As you know, Day 1 didn't turn out to well as I lost 6 bucks. Day 2 I didn't even play .5/1.00 at all!! So I decided to take my quest a little more seriously and put in more time on Day 3. Yes, I know, I'm cheating, I said I'd only play 10 minutes a day, but fellow 2+2ers were playing today so I felt I owed it to them to play my A game and play a bit longer here. However...

My session turned out horribly! Bad beat over bad beat! Losing to hands like QQ, KK, AA, straights, flushes, even A high! I just wasnt flopping very good at all and NOBODY would respect my raises. How am I gonna win when I raise and its called in 3 spots, 3bet then capped back to me? I didn't even stand a chance!

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. I'm UTG with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and openraise. Pooh-Bah sfer immediately 3bets me. WTF? So I cap him. Anyhow I flop bottom pair and come out betting. sfer raieses. I of course immediately 3bet and he caps. Turn is a blank so I feel I'm pretty safe and bet out. sfer only calls this time. Aha! I have him beat. River comes out third of a suit I bet. He raises. I think uh oh and call. He shows off his runner runner flush. Yuck.

Ugh, I'm off to a horrible start in my mission. Maybe the next days will be better.

Day 2: $0.00
Day 3: -$45.50

3 day total: -$51.50 / $60.00

I have a long way to climb back up...