View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004, 10:57 PM

Default Heres another point to consider.....

I would say most of us that play the low limit games do so for a two reasons: a smaller bankroll and a student of the game. We can get a lot of experience with a lower bankroll and make a large enough profit and have enough fun to make it all worth while. I would also suspect that most are planning to gradually step up as they get better. Getting better is the key concept here. Youre not going to get any better playing against really weak opponents.

So lets just assume for a minute that the players at UB and Stars really are much tougher then at Party. By playing the same limits, you would earn a little more at Party against the little fish but youre game would not improve at all. No matter what books you read or concepts you learn, you cant apply these to super fishes who don't know what they are doing. Effectively, you would be preventing yourself from getting the skills to move up to a higher limit where the profit will be even more.

If you played against the tougher opponents, your profits would be less, but your game would definitely improve. If the players were so much better as people suggest, and you could learn to beat the Stars 1/2 LHE game, you would be able to jump up one or two levels at the fishy site (Party).

So basically what I am saying is, by playing Stars or UB (if they really were that much tougher) you have the additional incentive of learning to beat the higher limit games at Party at a much lower cost.

... and keep this in mind, if you choose to just beat up on the super fish and not become a better player, who do you think are going to become the new fish when this wave of fish dissapear? Hint: It wont be the players that moved up