View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Implied odds! 77 with A at the tabel?

The flop seems like an easy fold to me.

Where are you guys getting this 11:1 figure from to spike a 7? That's the odds to hit by the river, right? I'm pretty sure that only factors in when you plan to actually see the river. In which case you have to factor in effective odds - or future bets you have to put in.

He's getting 10:1 on the flop. Odds to the river are 11:1. He's going to have to put in one small bet and one big bet (at the least) to see the river, that's $3. So as it stands right now he's getting 10:3 on his money - now factor in what he might win, which is harder to do with this many people in the pot. Even if our hero catches another 4BB ($8 on the turn, and we'll assume the SB calls on the flop ($9) then he's still getting 19:3 = 6.3:1 on the flop call of 11:1 by the river. If you think you can make the rest up in implied odds, by all means call. If not, this is an easy fold to me. Perhaps I've got my effective odds all backwards , but a situation like this is pretty well laid out in TOP except they use a flush draw as an example.

Though correct me if I'm horribly wrong and have made an ass out of myself! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

edit: It's in TOP, not HPFAP