View Single Post
Old 06-16-2004, 01:47 PM

Default Re: SNGs: At level(buy-ins) can you make a living at?

There is no standard answer.

If you can get a 50% ROI on the $10 SnG's that's better than a 20% ROI on the $20 SnGs but still not livable.

Sounds like your GF probably makes you pay for everything too, so I would say you'd need to play at least the $50's and have a 30%+ ROI. So you'd be making $15 per SnG. Do you have enough time to play at least 10-20 of these per day and still maintain that ROI? Are you even good enough to get that high of a ROI in the $50's?

If the $50's are too hard then you will play the $30's. A 30% ROI there is only $9 per SnG meaning you have to play 50% more to equal the ROI at the $50's.

What about the $100's? All you need there is a 15% ROI to equal a 30% ROI at the $50's. Is that easier to attain? Sounds like it would be!

And the big daddy $200's? A mere 7.5% ROI is all you need to equal the 30% at the $50's. That sounds like the easiest of all doesn't it?

Now what about bad runs? Say you start the $200's with a $5,000 BR and run pretty bad for a month. Sure you're winning some but you're also losing a lot. That BR would be wiped out much faster than if you were playing the $50's.

Like I said, there's really no standard answer although I can tell you anything below the $30's isn't going to accomplish what you want.