View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Just won my first NL multi table on Party....

JARID...first of all congrats on the win! I know it was a great thrill for you. I've played 40 MTT (mainly $20 and $30s) and won a $20 NLHE PP MTT that had 888 entries. At the start of HU I had 60% of the chips...I was doing the same thing raising x3BB whether I had a hand or not about 80% of the time. After a handful of hands I now had 40% of the chips and this hand came up...I popped the BB w/ the x3BB raise they popped me with a good re-raise and I called w/ 88 (there is about 35% of the chips in play in the middle). Flop came Jc-Js-8s BAM FULL BOAT!!!...it goes check, check, turn is a spade...check, check...river is a spade...I check opponent goes all in...I call and take the pot (other player didn't show...had to have a high flush). Two hands later it was over.

I like the strategy of playing aggresively from the SB during HU...it adds deception and the other person is more likey to go over the top of you when you are hammering them like this...and if the time is right you've got 'em. I understand that you are out of position the rest of the hand but I think it is important to be aggressive from the SB.

Good job again on the win!

Greg H