View Single Post
Old 06-06-2004, 10:16 PM

Default need some help with playing AK late in a tourney

I'm not really sure as to what is the best way to play AKo late in a tourney. These two situations came up recently. Here's the first one...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (3 handed)

Button (t4414)
SB (t1476)
Hero (t2110)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Button folds, SB raises to t600, Hero raises to t2110 (All-In), SB calls t876 (All-In).

Flop: (t3586) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t3586) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t3586) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t3586

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Jd Ks (straight, ace high).
Hero shows Ad Kh (one pair, aces).
Outcome: SB wins t2952. Hero wins t634. </font>

I couldn't find the hand history for the second one, but it went roughly like this...

It's three handed again. I'm on the button and SB calls 400, BB checks, I raise to 1200.

SB folds, BB thinks for a while and calls. Flop comes ragged, no help to either of us. I go all-in. He thinks about it again, and finally decides to call with QTo.

Turn is a Q and I'm down to 400 chips, and bust out in 3rd again.

Any advice? If you need any more info, let me know. Thanks in advance.