View Single Post
Old 06-04-2004, 02:37 PM

Default Re: PP is out to get me! explain this.

[ QUOTE ]
my frustration is beyond words. last night i lost over $1500 dollars playing NL200 sngs's and some NL200 ring. in matter of 5 mins, this is what happens.
NL200 sng
Im dealt (10,10). I have T1300, blinds are 50/100, 7 players left. i open raise from early position to 300. Button smooth calls. blinds fold. (flop is all low rags, with one spade). I push All-in with T1000 chips. Button calls, he flips over AK spades, and he rivers a king to send me home! How cold he? did he think I was bluffing? I had a tight table image up to that point. unreal.

Next NL200 sng.
Second hand of tourney. I get dealt AK clubs from middle position. 2 limpers to me, i raise to T150. CO calls, limpers fold. FLop is (Ks, 10c, 4h). action to me, I push All-IN. CO calls, and flips over A10 clubs. good im thiking, until the river brings another 10 and sends me packing.
why is god being so mean to me? im a good person, i donate to charity, i take care of my family, , and i just dont deserve this. anyways, these two beats have me feeling like [censored]. last night i had the worst beats i have ever expiereinced in my poker career. i have been playing over a year now.

PS-in a NL200 ring game. I see flop with (6,6), flop was (6,7,2). turn another 2. river an K. So board is (6,7,2,2,k). Im all-in and I lose to (7,7) guy. what, ok, i can take this beat, but the first two in the tournamnets, are sickening.

im done playing poker for awhile. i cant take it. and plus my bankroll sucks now.

[/ QUOTE ]

None of those stories are particularly uncommon or surprising in any way. That you were surprised by them is surprising.

You lost less than 10 buy-ins. That is nothing. That happens to a winning player regularly. If your bankroll "sucks now," I suspect that you were playing way outside your bankroll to begin with.

eastbay