View Single Post
Old 06-02-2004, 01:21 PM

Default It\'s hard to give credit where it\'s due at these limits

The villain here played too many hands and the table in general would go all the way to the river with barely anything against even the scariest board. I realize the river was bad on my part - I should've either just called the raise or check/call. The flop call may have been a bit loose as well, but I figured to have good implied odds with this table if I hit an Ace or improved towards my flush or runner-runner straights and planned to check/fold on the turn if nothing hit. Also, people had been betting flops like this with not even top pair. Any other comments?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG+1 caps, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Results later (it's pretty obvious what happened anyway).