View Single Post
Old 05-27-2004, 05:13 AM

Default Re: A couple of general questions to everyone

Hi,

I'll answer your questions with the way I play, everyone will of course have there own way of playing so this is far from Gospel.

Early stages - I don't play any suited connectors apart from the big cards. I'll even fold QJs, as the only hand i'm very sure of winning with it, is 2 pair and its unlikely to flop. If the table is really tight, I'll start open raiseing a lot more in late position to steal the dead money (and then complain when it works that the table is too tight [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] or "aces wasted" is another one. I'll really hold TJs or something.

Bubble play, A3 should probably be folded, if you are in late position a 3 BB raise to steal the blinds is more likely. A call is right out, you are going to miss a lot more than you hit and you might have let a better Ace in for free A4 / A5. They also might hit 2 pair with there rags and if you are re-raised all in you have to fold.

As I have already said, this is the way I play and probably far from the right way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]