View Single Post
Old 05-16-2004, 10:51 AM

Default Re: tourney hands - please comment

Hand 1:

The blinds are still tiny. This must a $5/$10 SnG.

I would not have raised PF here. There is no need, just limp.

That way, when it comes to trying to steal this pot it is less expensive.

And this is not results orientated thinking - there are not many situations on the flop that you can be confident with 77. The game is obviously pretty loose so you will get action on the flop if you make trips.
It is too early to even think about trying to steal blinds.

Hand 2:

you say you only have 2BB left - as far as I can see you have nearly 5BB left.

whether the push is correct depends on how things are playing really. If they are really playing away at each other then I would hold on. You can see a fair few more hands yet.

I just played a SnG where with the exception of winning T30 on the first hand I was blinded down to T180 with T150/T300 blinds before I played a hand. I only had to treble up in the SB and then double up and I was back around average stack and I ended up winning. I DON't recommend doing this regularly, but the table was pretty wild and my cards were bad.
When the blinds are big you only need to win couple of blinds and you are back in there with everyone else.

moving in with the 55 is not a terrible play - but if you think you are the best player there then it might be worth wating.

Hand 3:

You know that the SB does not have odds to make the PF call - this is a bad beat post.

Tim