View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004, 12:25 PM

Default Rangel, Pelosi, and adios All in Agreement

Who would have thought that? Good front page article in the Wall Street Journal about Bush and Iraq. Very fair I thought. To me cutting Rumsfeld loose is a good move for Bush. First of all if it turns out that the abuse of Iraqi prisoners was an isolated incident then Bush can state that he has zero tolerance for that crap (bring it on). If the problem turns out that it is much more wide spread than how it's being spun currently Bush to me obviously has gained politically. The message being sent to Iraqis in keeping Rumsfeld on can't be a good one methinks but again I could be convinced otherwise. This isn't the way to win the hearts and mind of Iraqis. Bush supported Rumsfeld yesterday but that move will blow up in his face if and when this problem is investigated and it turns out to be much worse than what is being reported. Again I don't think Rumsfeld deserves Bush's loyalty. Perhaps Bush is being blackmailed in a sense in that he's worried Rumsfeld will write a tell all book if he's let go [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].