View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Summer job = Playing poker, need some help

[ QUOTE ]
In two weeks i will be graduating with a major in personal finance, masters program to start in the fall. Tuition, room/board plus some spending money is all taken care of. Basically my point is that i don't have to "work" this summer due to my hard work the last 4 years, so i'm not going to

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations, sounds like a good idea to me.

[ QUOTE ]
Question one: Do you think pokertracker is a must?

[/ QUOTE ]

For ring games, yes for SnGs so-so, I don't use it, i use my own spreadsheet as I'm one of those freaks that plays games other than Hold'em.

[ QUOTE ]
Question 2: Do most of you agree with this? Is it the same for SNG? Friday and Saturday nite the best nites to play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know, don't play during the day. I do play between 6 -12 GMT (1 to 7 EST) and the games are good then.

[ QUOTE ]
Question 3: Do most of you SNG players play it because it is more profitable for you or more enjoyable? I know several like it because it has a beginning and an end etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Less variance for me, and yes I prefer it to limit HE, which is probably more profitable.

[ QUOTE ]
Question 4: Do most of you guys have weekly/monthly/annual goals? If so can you give me some gereral descriptions of them? Are they monetary in nature or based on percentages/statistics?

[/ QUOTE ]

SnG wise I try to keep up a good ROI and good win percentages. Bankroll wise I set a monthly target and try to reach it, cashing out anything over that target.

[ QUOTE ]
Question 5: How many hours do you guys play a week? Obviously this is different for everyone, but i would be interested to know when you feel "burnt out" I really have no idea how 40 hours of poker would effect me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess about 20 hours, only recreational play really though (perhaps you might class it as semi-professional).

[ QUOTE ]
Any other comments would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Have fun and see you at the tables [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]