View Single Post
Old 05-01-2004, 03:52 AM

Default Re: SnG results (late game)

Hey Tim,

First, Congrats on winning the US game [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I'm starting to think maybe we should give up the idea about the USA vs. Europe (and rest of the world - [ROW]) game, since it's simply going to be nothing but a complete embarrassment for the Americans, and I really like these guys...

As for the AA hand - if you made your opponent fold his rockets, you definitely played it great, IMO. But I still think Skabbom's AA fold is bad. It's correct ONLY if both of his assesments are right: A. you have Ax of diamonds, AND, B. You will check-raise all-in with the nut-flush.

I think that in the far greater majority of the time, his opponent (here it's you) will call a PF raise, and then check-raise all-in on this specific flop, with hands that AA beat. Yes, he'll face KK or the nut-flush a few times, but overall, if he's folding here, it's absolutely minus EV in my view.

I don't think that looking at it as if he "only" gave 13% of advantage is the best way. He actually gave up EV of about +800 chips, in this specific pot. This is huge (I'm assuming you had about 1500T each in the start of the hand. You didn't specify).

There's also something to say about not playing it more aggressive on the flop to begin with, after it's checked to him. On such a dangarous flop, I would seriously consider pushing to begin with, with AA. Then, YOU will be facing a tough decision, since it's marginally -EV call for you, and not the nicest spot.

But I'd really like to read some more opinions on this hand. It is a very interesting one, and I think it should be discussed thoroughly.