View Single Post
Old 04-30-2004, 02:44 PM

Default College Books (rant)

Well this is the last week of the semester for me and I went to sell my books back to them. I feel like those Pokerstars players who took that deal and as somebody said paid $500 to take such a bad deal. I know I am going to get hosed, but how hard this time. So I returned my first two and got $84 for the two of them. These were probably two good deals as I spent over $400 for 4 books, and knowing what I normally get back. Next was my Corporate Taxation 2004 book that was bought brand new for $120. Of course they are coming out with the 2005 edition, it is currently May of 2004. 1 out of the 3 semesters in the year has passed and they are getting a 2005 edition! These textbook prices are ridiculous in the first place and then to keep getting new editions like this. I can't wait to get boned when I return the rest of my books. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about it except rant. Oh, and my college tuition is going up $1000/year for the 3rd straight year. And paying $4000/year for a mealplan that I use maybe twice a week because the food is the same, day after day after day. I know there are other college students out there with the same rants, so let it out.