View Single Post
Old 04-28-2004, 04:45 AM

Default Re: Hand from a 10+1 PP SnG.

You're right, a slightly smaller raise may have also been in order, but that only invites the later players to come in cheaper.

A better play here probably would have been, as the intent was to isolate the short stack (I can only assume, because otherwise then I DEFINITELY don't raise this big, for just the possibility of someone coming in bigger), just move all-in yourself. You're not a big dog to anything but KK and AA if those HAPPEN to be behind you, and you're good against most non-paired hands.

A slightly confusing hand since you raised one limper so much...actually, the more I think about it the more I like a raise in the 250 area, for just 5xBB. The intent to call if this guy goes all-in is still there, and it would probably be effective enough to scare off mediocre hands behind, but leave you room to bail to an all-in from one of the larger stacks.

It's late, I may not be 100% coherent, I'll come back to this later to see if I'm making sense... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-Edge