View Single Post
Old 04-07-2004, 04:53 PM

Default Re: crosspost from RGP

Not true. I wasn't born until 1972. And since you're going to be snide about it you should probably kiss my American tax paying ass for supporting Isreal.

For the record: I was absolutely against both invasions of Iraq. In my view there were clearly more efficient altnernatives to advancing American interests than going to war with Iraq. I did take part in a protest against the first Iraq war. I was in college. No regrets.

I was going to take part in a protest against the most recent Iraq war. I was listening to a radio broadcast of the proceedings on ultra-liberal KPFA as I was driving up to San Francisco. All the speakers at the protest were muslim apologists so changed my mind and headed back to Artichoke Joe's to play poker.

I still believe our most recent decision to invade Iraq was a mistake. However, what's done is done and we should try our best enforce a relatively stable environment in the country. I don't think this can be done before June 30. I fully support our troops serving in Iraq and I fully support Rumsfeld's proposal to send more troops. Based on the limited information coming out of the news media, my guess is that most of the country is fairly stable. However, there remain pockets of strong resistance that must be severely crippled before any stable government institution can be put in place. The US military should do whatever it takes to accomplish this goal.