View Single Post
Old 03-30-2004, 12:14 AM

Default The stuff that goes on around the table

Here's a couple of things that I witnessed and participated in during the past week or so. All of these events occurred in Los Angeles card rooms.

Item 1.

We have a meek female Asian dealer. Seat 1 is a (at best) a break even Asian female who is prone to tilt. Seat 2 is a losing, loose playing white kid with a "White Boyz" tatoo on his arm. I am in seat 3. I can't remember exactly where we were, relative to the button on this hand, however it isn't important.

Seat 1 oprn raises, Seat 2 calls, I believe everyone folds, just seat 1 (Asian female) and seat 2 (White boy) in the hand.

Flop comes 3 hearts, King high and uncordinated, bet, call.

Turn is a black blank, bet, call.

River puts a fourth heart on the board. Check, bet.

Seat 1 glares at the dealer and throws her cards into the board and muck while being emotional and critizing the dealer. Seat 2 says, "Don't blame the dealer, blame yourself for not calling, I don't have anything" and shows ace high. Seat 1 goes all quiet and proceeds to tilt off a rack of chips.

Item 2

Very loose game, lots of callers seeing every flop. I'm in the big blind with A 10 of diamonds.

About 4 callers to the cutoff who raises, button and small blind calls as do I and the rest of the callers.

The cutoff is the type of player who when he wins a hand, he stands up and says "Send it to me" or "Ship me the pot", we he loses a hand the cards are thrown at the dealer and he demands to be dealt out the next hand. He will then start calling for a "push" and start asking the dealer how much longer before he/she is pushed. As you can tell, he's a piece of work.

Anyway, practically the whole table is going to see the flop for two small bets.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Not a bad flop for me, the small blind bets, I raise, 2 callers to the cutoff who doesn't seem to like what's going on, he calls as the button and small blind.

Turn is the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Small blind bets, and I raise, one mid position caller to the cutoff of throws his cards in the general direction of the dealer and demands to see all hands!

The river is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Small blind checks, I bet, the mid position player folds. The small blind says "Normally I would call, but I don't want you to see the hands!" and mucks. The table bursts into laughter at this and I scoop the pot. The small blind told me later that he wasn't going to call anyway and just said that to irritate the cutoff.

btw isn't it nice to flop top pair, top kicker, turn top two and river the nuts?

Isn't live poker fun?

Internet poker - No Way!