View Single Post
Old 03-22-2004, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Here\'s a safe bet for ya

[ QUOTE ]
You're the dreamer if you think this will have no bearing.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you stated in another thread:

[ QUOTE ]
Someone else will replace Yassin, a lot more people will die, and nothing will have been accomplished except Sharon getting a hard-on from directing another pointless killing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for making my case for me. Same old stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
The only way to end the violence is some kind of negotiated solution that drains away support for the terrorists.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok what sort? Outline the parameters and of such a solution that Hamas and Sharon will accept.

[ QUOTE ]
Instead this is going to double it, and there is zero chance of a drop in the violence in the forseeable future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep more people killed at a faster rate I really can't argue with that.

[ QUOTE ]
You will say that there never was such a chance but that repeated lulls and offers of ceasefires demonstrate that simply isn't true

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that I haven't heard one bit of common ground between Hamas and the Israelis I think that your statement is wishful thinking. There isn't a shred of evidence to back it up.

[ QUOTE ]
you just demonstrate your ignorance of the situation by repeating such uninformed rhetoric.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rhetoric? What post are you referring to? Where's the common ground between Hamas and the Israeli's on which a settlement can be negotiated?