View Single Post
Old 03-12-2004, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Trip Report: JV goes to LA

How'd you get a place in Santa Monica? There are never any apartments available, and condos and homes there are more expensive than anywhere else in the L.A. area. Seriously, we just recently bought in Beverly Hills and an equivalent home in Santa Monica would have cost 20-25% more.

All the L.A. bashers are jealous. We have the best weather in the world, including everyplace. I can be at the beach in 15 minutes, in the mountains in an hour, in the desert in an hour. We have the Getty Center, Huntington Library, the new Disney Concert Hall and the 4th or 5th beest orchestra in the world, a spectacular new cathedral, a great legacy of modern architecture built by Frank Lloyd Wright, Schindler, Neutra, and the Greene Brothers. We have the Lakers, the Kings, and the Dodgers. We have Commerce and Larry Flynt. We have Rodeo Drive, Old Town Pasadena, 3rd Street Promenade, and Universal City Walk. We have the two most beautiful residential streets in America (La Mesa Drive in Santa Monica and Prospect Terrace in Pasadena). We have great Japanese, Chinese, Mexican, Korean, French, Italian, and fusion food. The women here are better to look at than any city in the world, and I was in London, Paris, and Amsterdam recently. L.A. is paradise.

I love L.A.