View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Key hand in 500FPP

Al,
Yeah, i won. That could still make it stupid lucky.

I slow played the trip with a minraise on the flop, trying to get into a bigger pot. That much worked. So did he. He had the nut flush on the flop, and slowplayed his too.

When i bet 300 on the turn, i was doing exactly what you suggest, trying to shut it out. Maybe not big enough, but i did intend it that way.

When he raised 600, i have about 1/2 second to think about it. I don't want to show weakness by sitting there thinking about it. The flash thoughts in the half second were fold? maybe he has a bigger trip or the flush? no. I didn't read it that way. Call? to what advantage? It felt like a hard semibluff with either aces up or 4 to the straight. If I'm wrong i still have 10 outs (prob only 8 because he will have 2 of those cards) Hit the raise button, stop worrying about it.

To me the critical point in the hand was after his raise on the turn. Velly Interrresting!!! I thought i did it right. But if you read him for any trip, or the flush, it was a silly bet.

You see why i still wonder what the "proper" action was. Fold, Call, Raise, Push are all the choices you get, and i can construct a legitimate line of argument for any of them except maybe call.

Doc [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]