View Single Post
Old 02-13-2004, 11:44 PM

Default Re: Pulling out of the cold streak

Hi Guy,

Before in the early rounds I would call a lot of raises with almost any pp trying to flop a set and double through. I found that for the most part this is a bad play. The money isn't really deep enough, even at the early rounds at stars, to make this play worth it. Plus even when you do hit your set sometimes the board is too scary looking and you really can't make the moves with a set in a trny that you would a ring game. I also stopped calling raises with Aq as much as well. Even if I'm in back position I usually just muck this hand as well, unless it is a loose raiser. But if I have no read or against a typically player Aq usually gets folded. Of course later in the trny I will move in a lot with Aq. Over my last 12 trnys I have averaged seeing the flop only about 8% of the time. I make up for this with a ton of steals preflop when I'm the first one in. So I usually play really tight until the 50/100 blinds or so then I start opening a lot on my steals. I just keep coming and coming with steals and take a lot of pots down preflop. I do get reraised every now and then and then I'm just look at the pot odds and my hand and make a choice from there. I raise the same throughout the trny with my trash hands as well as my strong hands so people never have a clue to as what I'm holding. Finally, I have also gotten to were I defend my blind with a lot of reraises. It usually one takes one or two before people get scared to play at your blinds with trash.