Thread: **Sigh**
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 04:04 PM

Default Re: **Sigh**

Wow, this is a tough one. I look forward to the other responses.

I'd have played pre-flop the same, because you're not thinning the field substantially with a raise so you might as well have as many folks coming in as possible and hope to spike the set.

The flop is a bit trickier. I see checking along and taking the freebie, but I would probably prefer to bet because when you check you can't be sure where you stand when an EP player bets out on the turn, which is exactly what happened.

On the turn I fold. First, there's a possibility that I'm drawing dead or to two or three outs to tie. Second, even if EP2 only has TP and the rest of 'em are on draws, only three of my outs are clean (8c 8h 8s). I have to think the 8d is no good and even a nine I wouldn't be thrilled about. Even at 10-1 (and I only know it's 9-1 when it gets to me) I don't see making the call, not to mention the (admittedly remote) possibility of a check-raise from the BB or EP1.

On the river you spiked your set, the player in between folded, and you're getting 12-1. Easy call. I would not raise in this spot.