View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 08:22 PM

Default Re: How not to get to the bottom of something !

And a few paragraphs down in the same article we find that:

Bush, in Reversal, Supports More Time for 9/11 Inquiry - Philip Shenon (Feb 5, 2004)

"Despite the White House request that Congress extend the commission's deadline, Republican leaders there suggested Wednesday that they might not agree. In a radio interview with Michael Smerconish, a conservative talk show host on WPHT in Philadelphia, Speaker J. Dennis Hastert said he was adamantly opposed to an extension.

" "I want to have everything out in front now and let them finish this thing," Mr. Hastert said. "They've had a year to do their investigation. They've probably found everything they have to find." "

So it remains to be seen if there will indeed be an extension despite what the president says.

It would be convenient if mr bush could wash his hands of responsibility for cutting the inquiry short. I cannot say if this is the case, but it would be a great political move.

It just doesn't do much good for the security of the nation.

Nor does it adress the bigger question:
Why would they oppose it in the first place?

The things the president says are coming under more and more scrutiny these days.

Of course I suppose it is natural since you have an agenda. - wake up call

My agenda is only to inspire thought and debate, nothing more sinister than that.

Matt