View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Hand 5 - AKo, Too passive Imo

Preflop - why not cap the betting? You are about even money against anything except AA or KK.
Flop - TPTK definitely cap the betting. Probably best hand right now, but vulnerable.
At these limits at Party, you may not get this into a heads-up situation, but why not try? You would at least charge anyone on the str8 draws, if not chase them entirely. Flush draws would be tough to call with, since they could not be drawing to the nut flush with the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in your hand.
Turn - the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] would have helped someone on a gutshot str8 draw, but they should not have been hanging around. Maybe somebody was playing 98 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], but if the betting was capped preflop, they should have been long gone. I still like being aggressive on the turn though, I would raise. Maybe then SB bails from his flush draw, and MP3 might bail too when BB reraises you.
River - SB and MP3 missed their draws and finally bailed. Just you and the BB. If he shows you AA or KK you're out of luck. Maybe you split the pot with him when he shows you AK as well. Or you take it down when he shows KQ red.

I agree that you were too passive preflop and on the flop. I like capping from the button with AA-QQ, and AKs or AKo. Maybe with some other hands (JJ) too.

So - what did BB have??

Shawsy