View Single Post
Old 02-08-2004, 04:42 AM

Default Re: I\'m taking it in the shorts lately.. will someone look at this?

That hand looks pretty good to me. The flop raise was bold but I think it's the proper play unless you want to roll over and play dead. The lack of a reraise on the flop helps rule out the made flush unless you've got a slow player in you midst. Hmm, no raise on the turn? OK, the flush is not out there. The river is another ten. Check, check to the aggressor. What's that I smell? Is that a check raise? Eh, probably not but why risk it? I think the river check is just fine. With three diamonds and a pair on the board, the only thing you're going to do with a bet is fold the small blind who missed with his Ace of diamonds. EP1 is going to put in one more bet to show you his AK.

OK, maybe I'm a million miles off but I think EP1 has a King and it would be perfectly reasonable to expect the small blind to show you the Ace of diamonds. Of course, in these games it would be perfectly reasonable for EP1 to show you the Ace of diamonds and the small blind to show you KQ. The point is, if you bet the river you probably get called by a King or raised by something better. You're unlikely to get another bet out of someone who missed completely on this board although you might get one from JJ or AT* if they held on this long. Of course, AT beats you now so that sucks, too.

To be fair, although I win, win, win at these silly micro games, my thoughts very rarely seem to square up with the other 2+2ers so don't pay too much attention to what I said until you hear from some more people [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

SpaceAce
* This is a joke, of course. You wouldn't be able to beat AT off this river with a stick.