Thread: Two questions
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Two questions

Dentist-

I was trying to get a free card in the first hand. I assumed that if I flat called the flop, a turn bet would probably be more than the 90 I raised it to. Like I said earlier, hindsight makes it easy to see how dumb the last bet was.

As for the second hand, I guess I was trying to isolate the large stack. Although my limited thought process probably went something like "Large stack will play many hands, KJo is technically an above-average starting hand, therefore I am winning. I will make my standard 3XBB raise, all will be well." You are right, if I was going to play this hand, (and I am not convinced that playing it is the wrong way to go in this instance) I needed to jam it much harder.

I am well aware of KJo many limitations, and will dump it to any raise or in early postion, so I don't think I got transfixed by big pretty cards. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I am also not upset about getting drawn out on, I read the situation correctly and got my money in with the best hand. What else can you do?

It's funny how you can play well for 2 1/2 hours, and the two hands you botch are the ones that overshadow every good thing you do.