View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 03:26 PM

Default Re: no flop, no draw, I raise!

I think I agree that even know I likely have the best hand preflop, considering my position and the aggresiveness of my opponent folding might be best. I think three betting is also OK too, probably a slightly better option calling. Honestly, I had two face cards, they were both the same color, and the other guy stunk, so, I wanted to play.

Anyhow the reason I posted this hand was because I have been thinking a lot about trying to take advantage of someone who has raised from late position and is likely to hold a number of differnent hands. When the flop comes down with a queen or king on board, and the other two cards are small, I think playing aggresively in these spots probably shows a profit, esspecially with a tight image. Preflop raisers, even from the cutoff or button seem much more likely to play back and over represent thier hand when the flop comes down all rags, or when the ace hits. So I guess I was just curious to get some other opinions. If anything, I think I probably make a few too many laydowns, and play a bit on the ABC side, so I'm trying to work on taking advantage of how my oppenents percive me at the table.