View Single Post
Old 02-04-2004, 12:04 PM

Default Folding an Overpair

Poker Stars .25/.50 9 players
Table has been LAG

Hero is EMP with T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop:UTG limps, Hero raises, BB calls as does UTG.

Flop:6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, BB raises, UTG calls, Hero 3 bets, BB caps, UTG calls, Hero folded.
<font color="blue"> When BB check raised I figured him for a 6, A-8, K-8 and thought he might raise because of the kicker. I wanted to find out while the bet would still be a SB what he had so I raised with the intention of folding if he re-raised. If he just calls I'll call it down to the river. The only cards that will do me any good are the last two T's giving him more outs than me, if he doesn't have me beat right now.
After I folded I thought about the TP hand I folded (K's) incorrectly. Followed by majorkong's post "Why you guys aren't crushing these Microlimit games..."
So my question is "did I fold incorrectly again?" </font>

Turn:2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, UTG checks.

River:9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB bets, UTG folds

BB "Showed his hand" J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]