View Single Post
Old 01-26-2004, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Playing multiple SnG\'s

Hi Savo,

I agree with both HeyRocker and eMarkM, but here's my personal take on it. I like to wait until I get a real feel for my opponents at the first table before I start up a second SNG. I usually only do that when I'm pressed for time and want to play 3 or 4 in a couple of hours(of course, sometimes this happens playing one at time [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]). Thus, at UB, I will wait until I get to 50/100, 75/150, or 100/200. By then, we are usually down to 4 or 5 players, and I usually have a decent read by that time.

Also, this allows me to play up to 200/400 or so before I really need to get interested in the second game, because the first two or three rounds are not typically where I make my move anyway. If I get AA, KK, QQ, AK or maybe other pocket pairs, I'll play, but I'll get away quickly if I don't hit. Once I get to the point in the second SnG where I might try to steal, or want to start setting up an image (not usually super important at these limits anyway) I am usually either out of the first one, or I'm in the top 2 or three and I've got my opponents read as well as I'm going to.

That said, I am much better (especially in ring games, but also SNGs) when I can really watch play carefully, identify the calling stations, maniacs, timid players, and tight/agressive players so that I can make the right moves against those players. I suppose I could call up the hand histories, but that's not easy to do and keep up with what is currenntly happening.

This strategy might not work as well at Party, simply because the blinds increase so fast and your starting chips are smaller, that you typically need to get aggressive earlier. Thus, you will have to tailor this to the particular site at which you are playing. You might need to start up the second one earlier. My system works pretty well for me at UB.

Just want to say that my experience in SNGs is less than 100 played, so take this for what it's worth. eMarkM and HeyRocker are more experienced than I am, so I'd heed their advice before mine.

CCC