View Single Post
Old 01-22-2004, 05:19 AM

Default Tournament Comeback

Hey, I don't really know why I'm posting this, but I was excited, and figured I'd see if anyone's ever heard of a bigger comeback in one of the online tournaments. This was only a $10/1 NL Hold' Em tournament (on Empire Poker / Party Poker).

There were 5 players left (including me), and I had 26 chips. Everyone else had over 1000. Instead of just going in the first hand I saw, I figured I'd try to stick around as long as possible. So finally my blind hand comes (the blinds were 150/300 now), and I'm obviously all in. Unfortunately, I have a 5 3 offsuit. The small blind folds, the big blind has KQ suited, I end up winning w/ a pair of 3s. Great! I'm up to about 75 chips.

The next hand, I'm the Small Blind, and again forced all in. I get an A 7 suited.. not too bad. The guy to the left of the Big Blind raises, causing both blinds to fold. He had AK, but I ended up taking it w/ a pair of 7s. I now have around 290 chips.. looking a lot better, but still pathetic.

Before my next blind, I get a KK, I push all in (which doesn't even meet the blind. Some other guy raises, causing the blinds to fold, and I take the pot.. I now have over 900 chips.

Several hands later, and a few more successful moves. I find two players knocked out, and I'm actually in the final 3 (in the money). I wind up taking out one guy w/ pocket queens, so now I'm heads up with the chip leader. I have about 2k, he has the remaining 6k.

After about 5 minutes of back and forth play. I end up winning the tournament on an A J offsuit that hit a jack w/ both of us going all in.

When all was said and done, I came back from 26 chips, up against players w/ 1000s and actually won the whole tournament. Has anyone outdone this or heard of a bigger comeback?