View Single Post
Old 01-21-2004, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Situation I think I get wrong every time

It may be a leak in my game, but I push in every time here against a generic ($10-$20 buyin) opponent. The pot is too big, and my stack is getting short enough that it's time to take some chances. There's not enough information to decide that he's in there with a J, an A-high flush draw which wants to see a cheap turn, or a slow-played big pair. While I think a J is possible (AJ in particular), he did call off 1/4 of his stack preflop. This play is possible for a generic player (in my expierence), but 99 and TT as well as A9s and KQs are also possible holdings. The flush draw is likely to try to pick up the pot with an allin bet here. And, if he slow played a big pair (and I think this is unlikely since he offered me a free card), then he's going to have to ask himself if I raised preflop with AJ when I push my stack in.

If I check behind, it might induce a bluff on the turn from a hand (like TT) that I can beat. But there are 15 cards which I don't want to see out there (any heart, any overcard). I'd rather take my shot on the flop.

Just my T0.02 (which is probably what I have left when he flips over 9Jo).
jw2k