View Single Post
Old 12-23-2003, 03:36 PM

Default Re: 100/200 pokerstars hand

I've never played this high.

Notice that he can't have KJs based on your hand and the board.

Case 1: I'll assume he would not defend with KJo. That leaves him w/ AA (6) or 66 (3) or KK (3), and 66 seems more likely from the preflop action. So I'd raise once more, after which, its time to be happy if he's going off w/ 66 -- because there are a lot of hands that beat 66 that he should consider.

Case 2: On the other hand, if he will defend with KJo, then he probably doesn't even see the 6, and he believes you need one of exactly 2 hands, KK or JJ. This makes it an easy raise on the river, and makes a cap worthy of consideration. If the guy has 66, there's a lot of hands that can beat him, so you'd think he might slow down on the river -- but if he has KJ, there aren't many that beat him.

The thing about the above that is unaccounted for is MP. If we could but him on a hand, say AcTc, then that drastically reduces the chances BB has AA which is a cause for concern. If he might have had KcQc (or K plus flush draw), then that goes the other way...

The thing about his turn cap -- is that it is a cap. I'm sometimes more likely to cap then 3-bet, knowing that I'm risking one with the possible worse hand instead of 2.