View Single Post
Old 12-23-2003, 04:08 AM

Default Hypothetical Question-Hero is runnin real bad!!

Let's say our Hero is running really really bad.He/she continues to play tight pre-flop and well post-flop but he/she continuously is getting sucked out on in every way including the following scenarios...Multi-way pots his best hands almost never stand up and HU before the flop his hand which is the favorite rarely stands up.This goes on and on for weeks and weeks.He runs bad for 3 months and things still havent turned for Hero.

1.) What are the chances that a $3-6 LHE player, that makes $9.00 an hour after a solid but not huge 500 hr sample size,will break even over the next 500 playing hours?

I know the chances of this occurring are very very remote but I'm just curious to see what the math guys come up with here.

2.)As a variable to this problem lets say Hero's $9.00 per hr per table winrate is based on various sample sizes of 50,100,300,1000 and 2000 hours(rather than the 500 hours we use above).How do these different sample sizes effect the chaces that Hero runs this bad ?

I understand Hero could in reality not be a $9 per hour winner and that the smaller sample sizes all make that more likely with his/her poor performance.

Thnx Lee