View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 11:08 AM

Default Foxwoods Final Tourney Hand – Several issues to discuss

This hand is from last nights Limit Hold Em Tourney at Foxwoods. Buy in was $50 + $15. 162 players (Each player started with T2000). Nine players made it to final table. Approx prize money as follows: (10 – 18 $100; 9th $190, 8th $200; 7th $250; 6th $300; 5th $400; 4th $600, 3rd $730, 2nd $1,000 and 1st $3,000).

The final table is in it’s third hand. One player was eliminated in the first hand leaving eight of us. Blinds are T2K/T4K. Betting is 4K/8K. I have T26K. Big Stack is approx T90K with another stack of approx T75K. Three other stacks in the T20K – T30K range. Small blind has just over $30K.

Again, this table is only in it’s third hand. In the previous hand, the current small blind (who was the big blind at the time), checked after two limpers. After a scary flop (something like 9H 9S TH) a limper bet and the big blind called. He called a bet on the turn and another on the river and turned over A J to take the pot with ace high. In other words, I saw him call three bets with Ace high. That’s the only hand I’ve seen him play in the whole tournament.

With that in mind, please provide feedback on the following hand.

I’m in the big blind with 9C TC. It’s folded around to the small blind who completes and I check. (Pot size 8K)

Flop is JH, TS, 6D.

Small Blind bets T4k, I raise to T8k, Small Blind reraises to T12k. (Pot size 32K)

Turn is QD (JH, TS, 6D).

Small Blind bets T8k. I go all in for T10K. (Pot size 52K)

River is 2C.

Thoughts on this play in general and as it relates to this stage of the tourney, stack sizes etc. Results to be posted later.

Thanks.

P.S. Any of you at this table?