View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 12:17 PM

Default One of my WORST hands ever......?

Online 15/30 I have been playing for three hours and have won exactly 2 hands the whole time at the table.. Half of the players are LAG and the rest are weak tight with a couple decent players thrown in..sweet game.

Before the hand I have to shamelessly and openly admit the following:

After getting a set of aces cracked by 74 off on the river I find myself for the first time in awhile close to full blown tilt...it's 2 am, I am tired, I am sick, and I probably should have taken the night off - winning 2 hands and a losing dime thus far doesn't help...I had decided this was my last hand of the night win or lose..

The Hand:

I am UTG with J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and limp - Mistake Number 1

MP1 (LAG) raises folded to CO (LAG) who three bets. Folded to me and for the first time in my life I say frig the rules and cold call another 30 - Mistake number 2.

MP1 caps - "&*%$#" CO calls and I call with reckless abandon.

Flop is of course a miracle 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I check MP1 bets, CO raises, I three bet, MP1 caps...CO Calls.

I now am assuming there is an overpair and probably a set out there or two overpairs...LAG's could have KJs but I am playing this hand like there is no tommorow....

Turn is the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] . I go with my gut here knowing the LAG's will have it to 60 by the time it gets back to me and check. MP1 bets, CO raises, I three bet...MP1 caps again and CO Calls....

Now I am thinking one of them may have the KJs....but with half my remaining stack gone and a good helping of Tilt bottled up I decide to try and cap the river if the board doesn't pair...

River is the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] . I figure I have checkraised twice so might as well bet...MP1 Calls, CO raises, I say "damn he does have KJ" and three bet anyway, MP1 Calls, CO caps again and I call.......

MP1 had KK, and CO shows QQ for a set of Queens..my Str8 is good and I drag an $1102 15/30 pot....

FEEDBACK SOLICITED I know preflop was absoutely horrible my question is post flop - after the hand I can't decide if I played too aggressively post flop or not??? My read was on but I was alomost positive one had kj on the river....

Oh yeah - I am definitely divorcing the results...

but it did make me down only $10 for the nite and I went to bed.