Thread: weapons found
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2003, 11:02 AM

Default Re: weapons found

It should be surprising if they don't, not the other way around, based on their history, and on many governments' intelligence assessments over the years. Still they might not. But if they don't, those who thought they did were not unreasonable in so thinking. Also I doubt if David Kay and his team have come near close to inspecting all of the shells stored in Iraqi arms depots, some depots larger than Manhattan.

You don't seem like one to hastily jump to conclusions, Ray. I surmise that you are perhaps a bit more ready to jump to conclusions on this matter because it so galls you to think that our government may have pulled a fast one. If so I too would have problems with the administration's tactics. But the case is not yet over, and even if no WMD are ever found, it's far from clear that the administion set out to deliberately deceive. After all the administration's position on the existence Iraqi WMD programs was much the same as that of many other major intelligence services. There is yet more to be known; this case is far from played out.