View Single Post
Old 08-30-2001, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Part I: Two Good Players ... What Are Their Ha

You and Jim from last night? Seems a bit unlikely since you were both up when I left. However, I'm going to ignore that and assume it was you two since I didn't see any other good players on that table.

Anyways, I'd say something like: UTG: A-10 of hearts BB: 33

Your limp is ok from the BB with A-10s. Jim would certainly call a raise from the BB with 33 against 5 opponents getting 9-1 immediate odds on hitting his set.

On the flop, Jim would certainly bet his set. Once everyone calls back to you, its quite likely you would three bet, as you are getting plenty of odds to raise for value. The only question is whether or not this raise will knock people out. Probably not, so I can see you raising with nut heart draw here. Jim would then absolutely cap it with a set.

On the turn, you make your hand but Jim will always bet at a flushed board with a made hand (as will I) and if raised, thats life. No free cards on three tone boards! You raise, having made your hand. Jim now is fairly sure he's beaten but has outs.

On the river, he spikes, but he's a bit worried you may have flopped a set of 8's so he just calls.

I'm guessing Jim took this one down (assuming it was you two). Now off to check the results..