View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 10:14 PM

Default $55: limping AA UTG

Okay so my goal here is to extract max $EV playing AA early. Play to build the stack and cruise to the middle game? Or play it safe, raise, and take the pot on the flop?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG+2 (t780)
MP1 (t1000)
MP2 (t1205)
MP3 (t985)
CO (t985)
Button (t970)
SB (t1075)
BB (t1000)
Hero (t1000)
UTG+1 (t1000)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls t15, 1 fold, UTG+2 calls t15, 1 fold, MP2 calls t15, 1 fold, CO calls t15, 2 folds, BB checks.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 players)
BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 bets t15, MP2 folds, CO calls t15, BB folds, Hero raises to t100, UTG+2 folds, CO calls t85.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets t125, CO calls t125.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
Hero bets t125, CO calls t125.

BTW, I had a great wedding in July in Gainesville and a honeymoon in the Bay Area in August. Hypnotized by this great part of the country, I decided to stay here and get a "real job" to pay the considerably higher bills... no more grinding the 22s for me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

A few weeks after my honeymoon-poker-hiatus, I fired up 4 22s and HATED IT. So my poker career ended after 10 months of highs, lows, and everything in between.

I tip my hat to you long-term players and I thank Apathy, curtains, Scuba Chuck, citanul, raptor, Lorinda, and all the other names I've failed to mention for making my brief foray into professional low-stakes poker a success.

Now help me with my now-recreational post-flop play!!!