View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 10:19 AM

Default Re: paradise is so tough

On my poker tracker I have about 15000 hands on Paradise and about 20000 hands on Party at the 2-4/3-6 levels.

Interestingly my results are almost identical at both sites with both making me right around 4.5 bb per 100.

The big difference is game selection. Often the games are sparse at Paradise. Often you can only play Paradise in prime time because at off hours the games are spotty and/or non existant. Multi tabling can often be difficult to find 2+ decent games. Party by sheer volume makes it a 24-7 experience. I can wake up at 5 am on a Saturday morning and jump into a myriad of games in the limits of my choice and easily get 3 tables going at once. At Paradise there may not be 3 tables period.

I go where the games are plentiful. I still have about $50 in my Gaming Club OIC account which will probably rot. The game selection is putrid. I have no reason to even log in to see if one 2/4 or 3/6 game is even running. It probably isn't! I can't believe anyone would actually deposit money there when Party has 1000's of players going 24/7.

I'd love to see Paradise regain critical mass. It is better software than Party and has no where near the glitchyness. But until then I'll go where the players are.