View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Re: 5-10 UB Heads up: two hands vs an aggressive

I fold hand 1 vs an agg villain pf. The blind structure makes this even more of a fold. When an opponent is making the mistake of bluffing too much, then the way to beat him is not to bluff more, but to call more. Pick an ace or a king and call him down once or twice. That will force him to become more straightforward.

Given that you attempted the steal, you have to give up on the flop IMO. Even if he is betting at you with pure air, his air is better than your 5 high. You've got no showdown value, no draw, and no fold equity. Calling there seems pointless to me.

Also, if you were making this call with the intent of raising any river, then your read was off as he called there anyway. Villain's river call makes your flop call even worse.

---

hand 2 I also tend to fold, even vs a tilting opponent. Tilters tend to show down, and this puts more pressure on me to hit a hand. I'd prefer a high card here.

Given that you called, the rest seems fine. Tilters give too much action when behind, so the bet/reraise is good.