View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 11:18 AM

Default Re: Results and some thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
The flop pretty much played itself.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the flop is the worst street in the hand.

You give this read:
[ QUOTE ]
He would limp most of the time seeing about 33% of the flops but if he caught any piece of a flop or a pocket pair and he didn't think the flop helped anyone else he would get very agressive with it.

[/ QUOTE ]
The key here is in bold and, IMO, typical of this player type at 2/4. He's not betting without a piece of the flop here. Much less - he's not raising without a decent piece of the flop. Everyone in between folded to Villian's raise. You don't have the equity HU to be 3-betting a weak flush draw and 2-undercards against the range of hands that he'd play this way. Bet/Call the flop next time.

Turn is standard. Bet/folding the river against this player sounds like a good line. Check/Folding doesn't seem good here because with his higher post-flop aggression and the read you gave I think he's going to bet this river with almost any two cards if you check to him. You'll probably be folding the best hand a decent amount of the time for 1BB in a decent sized pot.

Given his tendency to bet when checked to check/calling doesn't seem like a horrible line either. We may get him to bet a worse hand that he wouldn't have called with (maybe busted overcards with a high diamond). I can also see taking this line if for some other read-based reason you'd have a difficult time betting and folding to a raise.