View Single Post
Old 12-04-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Ever fold KK preflop?

[ QUOTE ]
From what you're all saying, you don't let the "cold-streak" affect your decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

not at all.

[ QUOTE ]
How is this not true? When a hand only wins only 28% of the time, raising should be -EV with. Actually, I guess with 4 players, you could argue that it is +EV. But only barely.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to keep in mind that you could be misplaying these after seeing the flop and that is causing some of your extra losses. Break it down street by street. The way this hand went you could safely fold on the flop. Actually with the size of the pot, I think you could have seen the turn profitably, but even if you hit your King, you would still have to play with caution due to the AA factor.

[ QUOTE ]
Right I really would've capped, too. But since it was 4 to me, and given the fact that my KK had already been busted earlier (numerous times, and Jack Frost has been nipping at me)

[/ QUOTE ]

Try not to be results oriented.

[ QUOTE ]
If you've been running so cold that it's affecting the way you play hands, you're on tilt. The kind of tilt that stays with you while you're asleep and you're still on it when you come back to the table the next day. You have to take some time off, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is esxellent advice. See how you are playing when you come back. If 5 days isn't enough, take another 5. Re read SSHE or TOP. Post some hands and reply to more, then hit it again. The fish aren't going anywhere.

I just pulled out of my first downswing in a year. Took 4 days off and did some studying. Came back with my head on straight and to quote the Shermanator "Confidence is high, repeat, confidence is high".