View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Old Aaron W. Post- Very good

Wow. I wasn't expecting to see my name in the subject line and I wasn't expecting to see that post resurrected.

jt is right, to some extent. You earn more money multi-tabling than single-tabling (assuming you can play well enough to win multi-tabling).

[ QUOTE ]
it may take me 99x as long to learn something as him, but if I'm earning more during that time then I'm good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being "good" in this sense is purely subjective and is based upon your goals for playing poker. If you are trying to earn a supplimentary income playing poker, then the standard of making more money is appropriate to your situation.

My situation is that I play the game purely for fun. Playing for fun does not mean that I choose to play poorly, but it means that the money I win is essentially irrelevant to me. It's more fun for me to single-table for an hour and to really focus on the game (to play both the cards and the players, and to learn about the subtleties of the game) than it is for me to auto-pilot for an hour, to make a more money, and to feel like I missed out on so much useful information because my attention was spread out between 4 tables.

So learning at 1/99th of my normal speed is not "good", even if I make more money.