View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Places to Live in LA

I am currently trying to decide where to live, and am strongly leaning towards LA. I am trying to decide b/n LA, Vegas or staying in the Bay area. I would like to be able to play more live (my play consists of almost all online play, as the Bay Area doesn't really spread any games for my limit. 10/20NL). I would also like to buy a place. I have friends in LA and the Bay, but don't know anyone in Vegas. Vegas would be the cheapest, and I could buy a nice house and some toys (pool, hot tub, boat/jet ski), but I wouldn't know anyone. LA has better weather than the Bay, and I'm sure a better social scene. I would like to live near the ocean/beach too. Ok, all that rambling aside... do you have any recommendations on where I should live in LA? I have mostly been looking at Santa Monica (or Marina Del Rey or around there), as this is near the beach and a nice area, and I have a few friends there. I was talking to my current roommate and he mentioned that there are some cool places to live in Eastern LA, and I should look there too. Any thoughts?