View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: What to do when you run bad???

Playing without adequate bankroll is definitely something to avoid - whether you're running good, bad, or average. If you're properly bankrolled for 2/4 it means your starting roll is at least $1200. Assuming you were there, then yeah - playing one live multi for 20 percent of your total roll was pretty bad.

At the moment, playing .5/1 with only 100 BB's is not great either. Get adequately rolled...then every little thing that goes against you won't feel like such a big deal. That's Step 1. Step 2 is to examine your game and study hard to fix leaks. Step 3 is to make sure your head is right. I was recently put on a four-day weekend by my pyschologist girlfriend because I went into each set expecting ridiculous things to happen to me and I had been playing every single day for four months straight. After the four-day weekend, many of my problems were solved...certain things still did go wrong, of course (NL SnG's can have funny things happen on preflop all-ins), but after what was, for me, a protracted break...each incident didn't seem like such a big deal to me.