View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Something I think most players, me most of all, need to do more of

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, I know you two last responders are good players (much better than me), so please elaborate on how the cap is good (I might end up learning something from this contentless thread [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). I just don't see the value of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

PFR 11 raises MP1. This is AT+, 77+, KQ, sometimes QJs. PFR 9 3 bets. This is TT(maybe even 99 or 88!)+, AQ+. I have position. I will flop an overpair or a set 60 percent of the time. I play better than my opponents. I can't only cap aces and kings or my opponents will know I have aces or kings in a game with a relatively small player pool. People raise and three-bet more lightly in bigger games. That's my explanation.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this scenario really separates the looser TAGs and the tigher TAGs. Most of us don't play in games with small player pools and the metagame stuff doesn't really apply. I think your hand ranges may be a bit too broad given that the raisers were both in early position.

Didn't David and Mason cover this in one of their books? I recall them saying fold but I can't find it and don't feel like digging.

Pretty close given your hand ranges.

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 26.9092 % 25.75% 01.15% { 77+, A9s+, KTs+, QTs+, AJo+, KQo }
Hand 2: 38.3336 % 36.91% 01.42% { 99+, AQs+, AKo }
Hand 3: 34.7572 % 33.90% 00.86% { JJ }