View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 08:30 AM

Default Re: I\'m thinking of quitting my job

Thanks for the replies so far. I originally posted this in the Magazine forum and was wondering why I got no responses. I didn't find out the thread was moved until I clicked on my original message.

I know a 4 month record is much too soon but it's definitely something I'm thinking about. I'm planning to reevaluate this again in about 4 months. I started off playing 5/10 limit which is kind of stupid and how I took my initial lumps. I won consistently a few months after playing NL. I switched to tripling 3/6 limit this month and am doing a bit better (over 1500 this month), will make another 1500 in bonus/rakeback this month too) and still over the $40/hour mark. I'm only at 4BB/100 hands there but my next goal is to multi 5/10 limit, etc.

I work a 9-5 which is partly the reason for the 40K, low stress job, though it's in the legal field. Law firm associates at big firms make 125K + great benefits but generally work 65-70+ hours per week so there's a tradeoff. When I'm playing, time passese quickly but time can go very slowly at work. Of course, I'm looking for a new job too.