View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Investment question

CD's are not a bad choice especially considering the low risk...i think one of the best equities you can put yourself in is google (goog)as long as they can continue its revenue growth....if you look at what the stock is trading at (89 times earnings), which is high compared to the avg. trading mulitple of stocks in the s&p 500..but if you look at it against its earnings in two, three, four years, it's a bargain...that is why sergey brin and larry page (the two founders of google) are growing their money the fastest out of anyone in the world..currently worth $12 bil or so, they are expected to become worth $20-$30 bil in the next couple years....and how are they making all that money, google's stock...i am only a 20 year old college sophomore and i have and continue to put every dollar i make in that stock...actually, i just lied b/c i picked up SIRI at $5.90/share and am riding that until after they blow away earnings est. for the fourth quarter b/c mel karmazin is an f-ing brilliant ceo...after that, i jump back into google until they fail to grow theyre revenue...just my two cents...