View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Take the time to do this please

I was doing this semi-frequently but now it's gotten so out of hand and I'm usually multi-tabling so I just don't bother for the most part.

But I do worry about driving the fish away.
We want the game to be universally accepted. That means we want the 80-year-old granny from the Partypoker commercial to feel comfortable playing at party.
We're all used to the idiotic cussing-tirades that some of the losers go on. But some of the new players aren't familiar with this and it can be a REAL turn-off for them.

I'm not a prude. I don't really care personally because it's not going to effect me.
But I care ABOUT the prudes who might be interested in giving me their money but who are so turned-off by the experience that they don't play as much.

Acting like it's ALWAYS a bunch of 20-something drunk guys sitting around the table...and boys-will-be-boys so it's all okay...is the WRONG attitude.

We want it to be fun for as many people as possible.
to that end...I agree with reporting these types of idiots and having their chat blocked.

(the counter-argument is that the idiots themselves are often-times awful players...and when they get their chat blocked they might get frustrated and not play as much)